Monday, March 24, 2008

Production Diary #9

Only one day left!

This weekend's filming went incredibly well. Lots of exterior scenes, which are always a challenge. I always have mixed feelings about shooting in the "real world". Hitchcock hated exterior location shooting. He was too much of a control freak and there were way too many uncontrollable elements to it. I know how he feels.

Anyway, Saturday we shot with Rachel, James, and Thom. It was Thom's second and final day on the film. He did a wonderful job and he added a lot to a small role. The scenes with Rachel and James went well, despite dog-walkers and families. I was surprised that, out of the three scenes we shot that day, only one will probably need re-recording. I assumed we'd need to loop all three, but we got lucky.

Same goes for Sunday. We were working with Alma and Anne and only had two scenes to shoot- one exterior and one interior. Sunday was Easter, so I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to use the sound, but we found a great location that was far enough removed from the picnicking families (of which there were many) that we were able to shoot the scene without any problems.

This coming Saturday (the 29th) is our next and last day of filming. We've got a party scene with all our main family characters (Rachel, James, Alma, Kira, Clay, and Anne) and then a few scenes with just James and Clay. I can't believe I'm this close to finishing this film. It's been a long time coming. I'll be back on Sunday to let you know how it went. Stay tuned!

~Vincent~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home